Amd Sempron vs Athlon XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, some Semprons support 64 bit, SSE2, and maybe SSE3. AthlonXP's are just 32 bit and lack the SSE2/3 extensions. I'm planning on swapping out my AthlonXP that I have here in my dorm with my Sempron (both 2600+) so I can run Vista 64. Maybe this only applies to Socket 754 Semprons though.

Just FYI, some Semprons support 64 bit, SSE2, and maybe SSE3. AthlonXP's are just 32 bit and lack the SSE2/3 extensions. I'm planning on swapping out my AthlonXP that I have here in my dorm with my Sempron (both 2600+) so I can run Vista 64. Maybe this only applies to Socket 754 Semprons though.

Because those semprons are based off the AMD64 architecture..the sempron in question here is based off the older architecture that the athlon xp uses.

As you said, only the 754 semprons (sempron 64) have all those features, socket 462 semprons dont.

I have 2 sticks ( 1 gb each) of pc2700 333mhz ddr memory (with heat spreaders) and a 8x AGP nvidia 6800gt I am not using if you want to buy them let me know. those parts will upgrade your performance nicely. I even got a amd barton 3200+ socket 462, same as your 2300+ xp. paper weights, I pulled my parts for my currnet socket 939 setup.

for sale!

This was my last post>>Trotter,anyone,I have a borrowed Viper and has a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz,can this be overclocked,if so how to/best performance info greatly appreciated.thanks.FYI>My PC took a major dive
eek.gif
,MB has no power except for a split second n then nothing unless I clear cmos n put back on other pins n then same thing so am borrowing
biggrin.gif
this Viper.<<< Now am planning to buy (probably eBay) in a week or so new or like new MB MB Combo.If combo want to get fastest cpu I can get which looks like a few at $50. shipping free so sounds pretty good.Rather it be C.O.D. tho the way things are nowadays.O well.

Oopsy,sorry,was not talking about this viper,was refering to my puter.Viper is only borrowed because I need a new MB for mine.also already have DDR 1gig ram.

What i linked above is solid and will get you into current hardware for a good price. You can also overclock the cpu to 3ghz if you want or upgrade to a better chip later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom