Quad Core & Q6600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a Zalman 9500, Worked great for my E6700, Which I got up to 3.5 GHz easy.

Guess I'll try and flash my bios. Will it reset all my setting when I do? Or is there anything I need to do or go about doing prior or after doing this?

itl reset the bios setting to default that is it. just download it onto a floppy or usb stick pop it in set it as boot priority and whatch the progress bar go, then itl finish and boot back up, i dotn understand how people brick the mobo's doign a bios update its easier then instaling windows. alltho vista has been made so much easier now.

Where do I even find the **** bios download on the eVGA site... Ugh..

Right now. I've got it at like 206 FSB and been running prime95 on it for over an hour now, And been 100% stable. Temps seem to be doing fine for 100% load as hot as it already is in here.

is your 680i an a1? because ifnot... that is your problem...

if its the 680i from your first post... it is not an a1... and i doubt u will reach anything higher than 3.3ghz... that was my lmit on my 2 asus 680i's

woulda been better off picking up an e8400/e8500 in my opinion... i love my e 8500 more than my old q6700 and q6600

Mine is a AR. I'm aware I wont get a high over clock. To be honest I'd been happy at 3.2 GHz.

Well then **** whats the point? So far got it stable at 2.8 at 1226 FSB... Going to keep running prime95 awhile longer then try it higher.

its most probably just a bad q6600, the new ones commonly dont o/c very good prob due to the high VID's

remember good ol' drizzt... he couldnt get past 3.0 ghz because his board was not an A1.... if it isnt an A1... it isnt meant for a quad core... even says on the box... has overclocking feature and under the quad core column.... quad cores is not check for overclocking ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom