is this good ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yhea i saw the price and couldn't resist. i plan to give my D one more shot at overclocking on this board before i get a biostar p45. i currently have crappy kingston+1gb of patriot ram.

its ok but $55 for 2gb is a bit overpriced plus corsair dominators are not all the great, high voltage and loose timings relatively.

for 69 u can get 4gb gskill black PI's which are tighter timings and are only rated 1.8v (o/c room), unless you already have 2gb (in which case u should get same set u have) and seeking another 2gb get the 4gb since ram is so cheap. even thought those are 1066mhz the gskills will reach that easily. and u could always get the 1000mhz gskills anyway..

I would consider that good ram.

From my experience Corsair is good about mir's. I got the rebates on my 550vx and XMS2 back in a reasonable amount of time.

the corsair xms2 are good but alos fairly old, they do overclock well though, what is the setup your running now? if u got 2gb already just run them in dual channel 4gb at the same timings and speed.

they're ok, but i'd recommend the G.Skill Black Pis or some Mushkin XP2-8500 (996599) which i've seen at 5-5-4-15 @ 1150MHz or 5-6-5-18 @ around 1320MHz... they're a bit more expensive tho... but they go so well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom