Graphical errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
kepp getting artifacts in all games with my 8800gts 640mb sli setup the cpu is at 3.4ghz so isn't a bottleneck have 3gb of ram although its only xp. The latest nvidia drivers are installed. Can't figure out whats wrong its fine in the menu system just when I enter a multiplayer game get streaks of pink and then crashes. screen shot crysis warhead
artifacts.png

try putting the cpu back at stock speeds and if the cards are oc'ed then put them at default. also try putting the game on low settings. are the cards overheating? they could be getting old and dying

Doesnt matter if its a bottleneck...we need to isolate the issue. If your oc's are too high, they need to be turned down.

nvidia cards can handle 80c, just better to not got over that, its most likely your overlclocks on ur gpu is not stable, i doubt cpu unstability would cause that. if you have tried them at stock, try runnig the game with just one card, it could be a sli issue with the latest driver/warhead version, when they release the first oatch it may be solved if this is the case.

I would say its most likely unstable GPU overclocks. While the temps may not be extremely high, sometimes cards just arent stable on overclocks after some time, especially as you have probably had those cards for a while now. It is quite likely they have just degraded from use, i would suggest clocking them back to stock.

well when my 8800gs is clocked too high i get almost the same graphical errors so it probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom