Catalyst 8.10 Drivers... anyone else tried them??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BongWizard

Electical Engineer
i just installed the latest release of the catalyst 8.10 drivers hoping to get a few more frames in Crysis and some decent FarCry2 support and i'm having a pretty chronic problem...

First, i installed them from the standard 3 in 1 package and then i reboot and the res won't go above 640x480x4... so i restart and then as soon as i get past the welcome screen in wondows (ie as soon as the driver should be kicking in) the whole thing goes to sh*te! my whole rig just freezes up and i get some crazy oscillating static-type noise and it doesnt go anywhere... so i reboot, try again, same thing

then i got the 3 separate installers (figured maybe it was just some stupid tech at ATI couldn't compile an installer right) and installed each component separately (after uninstalling the original 8.10 pack), restarting between each component... restart... same issue straight off the bat...

I've gone back to the 8.9 drivers now, but im really just wondering if anyone else has/had the same problem or knows any way around it. (and, no, i dont really wanna hear "Get a GTX 260 Core 216... nv hasnt got any problems" lol)

EDIT: OK... now its doing a similar thing with the 8.9 drivers... except there's no crazy noise and it doesn't totally freeze... when the driver should kick in, the screen just goes black and the fans go absolutely nuts

i was originally using XP... figured it was about time to upgrade so i could use all my memory... installed 8.10 on Vista x64 and got the same kinda issue... except no crazy noise

EDIT: im just gettin the old drivers (8.8/8.9) now

8.9 drivers are working fine for me under Vista x64... but im really keen to figure out this issue so i can get so sweet fps in FC2... its got lame *** CF support right now, but even with 8.10 i dont think its much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom