mouse doubleclicks when I single click

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewjustforyou

In Runtime
hey guys, I have a gateway optical mouse, model Moakuo (basic 2 button scrollwheel wired optical usb mouse) and recently it has started to double click on things when I single click, search bars, address bars, computer games, you name it, it'll double click it.

I have gone into settings and turned up my double click speed, and I have re-installed drivers, but so far it still double clicks!

any thing else that you think would be worth my efforts to try?

thanks in advance

-Drew

Could this have something to do with it?:

folderclicksx3.jpg

Saxon, that is a good idea, I will troubleshoot it tonight.

Alvin, I just checked to make sure, and it wasnt it :) good guess, but it isnt so much a folder thing, I always double click my folders/icons, and I have set the doubleclick setting to fastest in my mouse options, the thing is, it clicks faster then I could ever do, and im not sure if the problem is in the mouse or in the driver.... other then that I havent been playing with this computers settings, so its either an updated driver, a windows automatic update goof-up, or simply old (only 1 year though) technology screwing up.

i've had problems like that before, i remember right clicking once or twice in random areas on the desktop, and then it would fix itself=)

actually it happened about 2 days ago

My mouse double clicks a of the time as well. Some one once told me it was a bug or something like that with Vista. Once I went back to XP it still happens on occasion. But not nearly as much as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom