jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
i have currently.
QX6700,
evga 680i sli
8gigs ram
2x 8800GTX'
PC power and cooling 1kwatt
scsi card and drives... i might just go back to sata, who knows.

Will be upgrading to
QX9770
Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm
ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48
2X Sapphire 4870 x2's
coolmax 1200 watt psu.

ideas plz. I was gunna do skulltrail but decided it was a waste of time. My main decision is between the 4870 x2's and getting a pair of GX280s(and a 790i mobo)

Keep your current psu, it's allot better than that coolmax.

The Ac Freezer 7 Pro is decent for dual cores but you won't be able to take a quad very far on it. A Sunbeam Core Contact is allot better and comes with Tuniq TX-2 so you don't need to buy thermal paste.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

You might want to wait for Core i7, it should be out in November and the x58 motherboards for it support sli and crossfire so you have more flexibility on the graphics cards.

need a psu that has 2 6pin pcie and 2 8pin pcie...and an extra 2 pcie incase i ever go back to nvidia.

That pc power an cooling is the cream of the crop.. but it is so friggggggin looooooud

Honestly I would wait it out. Maybe a cpu/mobo upgrade to help curb your appetite. Thats alot of cash to shell out before i7

1 Would be better... HD 4870X2's can't scale that well unless above a certain resolution

It doesn't look better to me, even when compared to GTX 260 SLI

Far Cry 2 PC VGA Graphics performance review

t-break - ASUS HD4870 X2

AMD's Radeon HD 4870 X2 graphics card - The Tech Report - Page 9

ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Performance Preview

They seem to perform pretty much the same. There are instances the GTX 260 in SLI outperforms the 4870X2 and vice versa. Just get which ever graphics solution is cheaper.

ATI doesn't scale well with four GPUs

No it does not. Talk about a waste of money, then again its not like 4 way SLI is any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom