Is my build good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Okay its been awhile.. My build was supposed to go down in august and it has been delayed because my dumb a** made some stupid decisions. I just wanted to know if all of this stuff is still good for a build that will do multi tasking and play **** near any game on high settings. also want something that will be good in the future and for future games. I have finally gotten close to my goal and i am about ready to buy. would it be best to order as much as possible when i get the money or get all the money and order everything at once?

MotherBoard - Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK X38-T2R LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Cpu - Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Gpu - Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H485F512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Psu - Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Ram - Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Cpu Cooler - Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Thermal Paste- Newegg.com - Tuniq TX-2 Cooling Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease

(I have a case, HDD, Cd/Dvd Burner)

is there anything i am missing?

i would switch ur board to this:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TPower I45 LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

also good psu but get it from here so u dont have to deal w/ the mir:
CORSAIR 750w TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - CMPSU-750TX - Buy.com

also i would get this backplate along w/ ur cooler:
Newegg.com - XIGMATEK ACK-I7751 Retention Bracket - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

i would also change ur cpu to a q9550 or a e8500

and overlord plz dont make 2 topics about the same thing.
and the ram jester said is pretty good

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/hows-look-188859/

sorry about that no one was responding :(

u waited 9 hours for a reply then made a new thread? ppl arnt payed to post a relpy to ur thread so wait and it will be answered, it it takes a day make another post in ur old thread to bump it to the top.

and i would still get the 4gb, then upgrade to a 64 bit os

im trying to figure out the pros and cons of each of the boards listed. and the q550 is out of my budget so im trying to pro and con the E8500 and the Q6600. then ill change the memory and i should be good right?

not bad build, do up the memory to at least 4 gigs, the q6600 is a good choice, down the road as you do HD, you can put in a q9550 or 9650.

I am in the process of building a new gamming rig too, and let me suggest buying the video cards last. They change every 3 months just about, and prices always come down, so get your case and good power supply first, then mobo and memory, then optical drive, look at cooling fans and cabling schemes in the meantime, but make the video cards last.

you'll just save money goin that route. Think about an sli solution, I didn't refrence if your mobo has sli, but it is worth it for the added power.

your looking at ati for your solution right? make sure the mobo has crossfire and project to spend about 600 on two 300 dollar cards, when you are ready to buy.

sli is real easy to set up, but if you just want one good card thats not a bad choice either.

for the cpu, theres nothing wrong getting a core2quad. some feel it is not fully utilized yet, I don't know software and chip design well enough to say anything accurate about it.

but! for a dual core which your mobo will support, the core 2 duo is a proven solution with great performance and reduced cost. Right now the chip makers are pushing the quad cores so the recent dual cores are reduced in price to finish off shelf quantities.

and, you can always roll with that solution and upgrade when the quads come down in price. heck the q9550 core2quad is right about 300 bucks, thats not bad either. your call ultimately.

I have a brand new q6600 never used, I am debating gettin the q9550 instead since my new rig is still under construction.

so if you haven't bought your cpu yet give me a hollar I may sell mine at a reduced price cause I may very well not use it.

be patient and your timing and pricing will be right for good performance.

im trying to figure out the pros and cons of each of the boards listed. and the q550 is out of my budget so im trying to pro and con the E8500 and the Q6600. then ill change the memory and i should be good right?

pretty much the p45 is better then a x38 in alot of ways, the only con is if u want to crossfire it is only 8x but unless ur gonna crossfire 4870x2's it wont matter if its 8x crossfire. also the board i posted is pretty much the best p45 board out there.
also i would get a e8500 because if ur gonna over clock the q6600's they have out right now arnt that good for overclocking, and e8500's are monster overclockers, and even if ur not gonna overclock ull prolly still see more performance out of a e8500 in most apps

@ daffney if he cant buy a q9550 he prolly doesnt have 600 to spend on video cards

keep the 4850 it will play pretty much any gave maxed out

sweet thanks.. yea my budget is under 800. will that board support my ide optical and hdd? i beleive it said it would support 2 ide controlled devices? i wanna keep my hdd so i dont lose any of my programs. everything is the way i like it now. but thanks ill re do my wish list and repost.

Stick with the 4850 and x fire later

What games are you trying to run? This system looks like it will run anything :]

except crysis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom