E6600 vs E8400 vs Q6600 and OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the new gen of gpus are so fats 3.2 ghz will actualy botle neck it heck, sli gtx260 will be botle necked by my q6600@ 3.6 you need to push over 4.0 to really let them get a run. so cpus are more important now with all these insanely powerfull gpu's. a great exampel of this is faster duel core procs with sli or crossfire cards outscoring slower quads with 2 more cores, but the same gpu's in 3dmark 06.

I'm talking about in terms of gaming's dependency on the CPU. A 3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo will handle just about everything you need a game to handle. In terms of CPU limitation in real actual gaming, we are talking about the difference between 70 and 100 fps.

The GPU is NOT being "slowed down" by the CPU, it's just the fact that the CPU can only run the game so fast.

If you really feel that you need to be running a game at 100 fps instead of something like 60 or 70, then by all means go ahead and waste money on upgrading now.

I only use benchmarks like 3dMark to see if my system is running as it should be. If I'm not getting the score a system like mine should be getting, that is when 3dMark has some actual practical use. 3dMark performance does not always convert to real actual gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom