Warcraft III FPS Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventk

Baseband Member
Hello everyone this is my second thread on this new laptop that my aunt just bought me:

Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with AMD Turionâ„¢ X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-80 - Fusion - M305D-S4830

Its running windows vista 64-bit and when I play games like Warcraft III the fps isn't what I expected hovering from 40's to 50's. Why is it so low when I played on outdated desktops they reach 60+? My friend also owns an HP with a 8400M and is getting only 50's. Does this have to do something with Vista and older games?

If not then is there something I should know when it comes to gaming in vista(tweaks, adjustments, settings) because I've always been using Windows XP.

Edit: Also I have cleaned my system out by defraging and getting rid of useless programs. I have 4 gigs of ram so I think my laptop is overqualified for the game.

Right click the executable and select the Run as Admin option. See if that helps. Also have you got the latest patch for Warcraft?

Yeah I got the latest patch but the administrator option seems interesting. Would you mind explaining this to me? I understand in XP some programs can't be ran without the admin's concent but can this effect FPS in Games? Also I am on the admin on my laptop, I'm the only user.

Thank you again!

Don't forget that Wc3 tops out at like 64 fps... old game, but it has a place in my heart.

make sure your system is in high performance battery (btw if you play dota whats your account name in the east?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom