BTX boards a first look!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better cooling because the cpu gets the cool air first. Rearanging the location of the south and north bridge chips for a more logical flow. The motherboard is going to be on the right side of the case instead of the left.

At first probably alot. But they'll gradually decrease in price. I would venture a guess anywhere from 100-200 bucks. Then again, intel loves selling shit at really high prices...

Icedragon said:
most Mobos these days are 100-200 bucks!

Hey, it could even go into the ranges of 300-400. You never know. Although it's highly doubtful. It just depends on what Intel decides. If they start making a shitload of these things, the price is obviously gonna be lower. Then again, you might always have your lower brand of board....aka pc chips. 20 dollah!!

xotix said:
you know, i just thought of something. i think its going to be more than cooling. check this out.

1) i don't know who knows this, but the colder a chip is, its the better and more reliable it performs. so btx can make your system more stable.

2) chipmakers have to make sure that their chips don't overheat, and make sure that when an end-user buys the product that heating isn't a possible issue. so the new btx with better cooling can simply mean that it would be easier for the chipmakers to produce technology for our computers without worrying about over heating too easily.

i use chipmakers because this overheating issue isn't just a processor problem. it also affects your memory and your chipsets.

What you don't get is that the newer cpus will be running 10 times hotter than now. Just like with Pentium 2's how all they needed was a heatsink, but now we need Water cooling.

note to Musjunk22 - we do not need water cooling.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i havnt read all the articles yet, but from what it looks like...

theres nothing special about BTX... it will make Sata and PCI-E(example) the standard... it will provide more convienient cooling due to its layout design... and its design is backward compaired to ATX, prolly made like that so thy cannot be confused(i c no other reason y).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cooling for BTX is more convenient then ATX, not better... simple case modding ona ATX will provide the same result. BTX will not be any more overClockable then ATX.

BTX is the next gen to bring stuff like Sata, PCI-E to the new standard, while providing a more convenient layout.(new layout makes it easyer for Dell and personal user's to put together a quieter system)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
so all in all, if your like me, and are going to moddify your own case to your liking, it doesnt change a dam thing.

BTX will be the replacement for ATX .Actually its about time they started addressing better heat dissipation methods :)

Cappy said:
BTX will be the replacement for ATX .Actually its about time they started addressing better heat dissipation methods :)

Exactly, but ATX will still be around till atleast 2006:confused: AMD is being stingy, saying that "Hey, our CPU's don't need that much cooling, so we don't need BTX":p :)

I think it will come into its own eventually, but its gonna take a few years:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom