BTX boards a first look!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i was just looking on it. do u realise the limited expansion slots. i did read in one of the articles that the regular btx can accomodate up to 7slots.

anyone know a release date of all this stuff??

Mucho more cooling, and a weird shape. Haha. I did notice that the boards limit the amount of expansion slots, but i guess they're primarily making these things for OEM manufacturers or something....

I was thinking that if Intel is gonna be stingy and try to make these things Proprietary, they might fade away. What do you guys think?

you know, i just thought of something. i think its going to be more than cooling. check this out.

1) i don't know who knows this, but the colder a chip is, its the better and more reliable it performs. so btx can make your system more stable.

2) chipmakers have to make sure that their chips don't overheat, and make sure that when an end-user buys the product that heating isn't a possible issue. so the new btx with better cooling can simply mean that it would be easier for the chipmakers to produce technology for our computers without worrying about over heating too easily.

i use chipmakers because this overheating issue isn't just a processor problem. it also affects your memory and your chipsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom