Couple Motherboard CPU Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you didn't have to start a new topic for a new system. You could have just posted it in this thread and say you're changing your build.

I would like to change the topic title and original post, appears I'm not able to do that here.

I thought about it posting it here, it would be on the second page with a different subject title, they can always just delete this topic, I can't do any editing at all on older posts.

Since it this topic may not be valid anymore, it can be deleted. (keeping information given to me in case the build doesn't work out, thanks everyone)

I keep reading about AMD 6000+ being bad, what was wrong with it?

Thanks a lot.

There is nothing wrong with this cpu....some people don't like it because it is not the best chip as far as its ability to be overclocked.....If overclocking is something that is important to you, then I would look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a fast cpu and overclocking is not important...then I would take a look at this cpu...

I am actually using this chip in my most recent HTPC build, and I couldn't be happier with it.. Vista gives it a 5.5...Personally I have built a few computers for friends and family...they are basic web and word processing computers, and I usually go with AMD because I think it offers the best bang for the buck...now if I was looking to build a serious gaming rig then I might take a look at some intel chips....

Honestly I don't think you cant go wrong with the 6000+...take a look at the reviews on the egg, plus I think you would be able to find some quality MOBO with good integrated graphics chipsets for a good bit less than a comperable intel combination...

^^It's not just the overclocking its also the power consumption. A 120w TDP is terrible for a dual core. The newer ones are 89w but that's still not very good.

You can get a Intel E5200 for the same price that is faster. runs cooler,overclocks better (it can do 4ghz), and consumes less power.

^^It's not just the overclocking its also the power consumption. A 120w TDP is terrible for a dual core. The newer ones are 89w but that's still not very good.

You can get a Intel E5200 for the same price that is faster. runs cooler,overclocks better (it can do 4ghz), and consumes less power.

Intel also seems to have a better price/performance ratio now then they did in the past. Thanks to chips like the E2*** series, the E5200 *drools*, and the E7200 itself is decently priced (considering its capable of a 4ghz over clock).

AMD no longer seems to hold the edge when it comes to price/performance ratio. Which is the reason I m looking into Intel this build, cause the 9650 is hovering around 200$ even though its a 65nm 95Watt TDP 2.3ghz Quad. While the Q6600 out performs it some and cost less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom