CPU Cooler Need help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

luigi336

Solid State Member
Hi i am putting together my new pc and I have a xigmatek hdt s1283.

I was wondering. Do I put the arctic thermal compound on the base of the cpu cooler instead of the silicone grease that came with it?

I also bought the crossbow attachment and I am wondering how the thermal compound makes solid contact with cpu seeing that with the cpu latching thing that goes over it and the crossbow attatchment it doesn't seem possible.

Do I also put the thermal compound on the cpu anyway? Didn't say anywhere in intel instructions.

Sorry guys this is my first build and dont wanna mess it up!

Also anyone who has this cooler. Is there any use for the little spoiler thing that goes into the radiating fins? I put it in there but it doesnt click in or anything. Looks like it would just fall right out. Thanks!

If the cooler already has thermal grease on it, then no you don't need to add more. If you want to, you can clean the stuff that comes on it off, and use your own.

alright yea nothing came on it but the cooler did come with a package of silicone grease. i used artic mx-2 instead.

got the spoiler on fine too.

the only question i have now is if anyone familiar with my cooler and the crossbow bracket can tell me if there is anywhere else i need thermal compound besides on the heatsink. looks like there is a considerable gab between the heatsink and the cpu considering the crossbow bracket and the latching case that goes over the cpu.

hdt-s1283.jpg

Is this the gap you speak of?

im not sure what u mean by gap between cpu and heatsink, it should be in direct contact with the cpu otherwise your cpu prob would fry.

directions sucked and i thought the crossbow bracket went on the front of mobo, supposed to be on back. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom