The Motionless PC (in other words, I need some help!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
BA HUMBUG!!!

Man, I just spent almost 12 straight hours putting my 1st comp together...after the last connection is made, I put the case back on, turn the power supply on, the push the big button AND.................etc.

It won't do squat!!!!!:mad:

The only things that happen are:
1.A little green light at the bottom of the mobo lights up.
2.The red HDD light lights up.

Someone PLEASE tell me what I could've possibly done wrong...I am aching all over, I am tired, and now my comp becomes a large electronic paperweight. PLEASE!!!!!!

Wow..you're in deep shit!!!

It won't decide anything on it's own, so I would try to take one RAM-stick out and reboot. Also check all wiring and connect only devices you really need, like graphics card, 1 HD, no CD, no Floppy, No other PCI cards....

Good luck

Check that everything is connected properly and double check it. Check the PSU. Like i said, CHECK EVERYTHING. Do you have any beep codes? Make sure you push the video card all the way in, this has happened to me more times than i'd like to remember. Let us know.

Oh thanks...I needed that...lol

Won't taking a part of a dual channel set make it worse?

What I have connested right now of the items you have listed, Major, are:
1.graphics card
2.HD
3.DVD(CD)

yeah..thats OK
ofcourse you have less performance while running your PC without DUAL channel, but you can try it and see if ANYTHING works at all

Ok, I'll try it....(man am I in aching pain...)

is there anyone out there who has the Asus P4P800 SE mobo? Whoever does, what did you do to work your comp???????????

This board has jumpers...they activate certain features for the mobo i.e. push a key, and the comp comes outta sleep mode. I didn't want these features, so I didn't mess with them, or do I???

I'm just clueless and EXTREMELY tired. I'll worry about it tommorow (10:26 PM right now)...please, though ANY little thing I am willing to accept...zzzzzzzzzzz.

Hey dude when you installed the motherboard did you make sure that the board is floating and not touching the metal make sure that the screws are screwed onto the coppers screws to make sure they are screwed on propley

does your computer turn on? does the monitor display anything at all?
are you sure that you put everything in right?

Dragon, my case came w, a little bag o' srews 'n stuff, and there were these little white plllastic thingys. Do those need to go over the copper screws? 'Cause I kinda didn't. There were also these little red discs...what's their purpose?

Raekwon, I don't really know whether it "turns on" or what? on the monitor it does a monitor test, and sas like "monitor sellf test. Please check connection between the PC and monitor." Also, as stated above somewhere, a little green LED @ the bottom of my mobo lights up, and so does the HDD light, but only when I push the power supply button fom the O to the I position, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom