Antec 300 case project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some preliminary paint color testing yesterday. This is so we have an idea of how it will look before we paint the actual case.

HoK #F22 Royal Blue Flakes
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z9z9z1r.jpg

Mixing cup
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z9z9z1p.jpg

Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z9z9z1q.jpg

Test piece, heres how the case panels will look :)
Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z9z9z1t.jpg

Royal blue ftw.

I knew it would look bomb.

I think what jfenwick was talking about is the black nickel plating. Not chrome.

Royal blue ftw.

I knew it would look bomb.

I think what jfenwick was talking about is the black nickel plating. Not chrome.

I'm no expert so maybe someone else can clarify with more technical detail but I do believe the two are different. With black chrome there is a nickel under plating involved which is probably where the confusion comes from but the black chrome layer is applied over the nickel component. With black nickel I think it's black nickel over nickel base plating. Again, I'm no expert but I do believe the two are different, have different appearances and different chemical properties and application.

BTW: paint looks awesome

I'm no expert so maybe someone else can clarify with more technical detail but I do believe the two are different. With black chrome there is a nickel under plating involved which is probably where the confusion comes from but the black chrome layer is applied over the nickel component. With black nickel I think it's black nickel over nickel base plating. Again, I'm no expert but I do believe the two are different, have different appearances and different chemical properties and application.

BTW: paint looks awesome

also nickel plating is so much more expensive then chrome, alltho it is much more durrable to. chrome is also expensive but nickels will empty the pockets, i had a nickel plated pb gun and dam was it ever nice it was limited edition as most of them where supose to be a mate silver/gray, and was lucky enought to get a nickel one :D. also i can say it was almost imposible to scratch that thing.

We're painting the chassis Pearl White Flake, heres a photo of it after being media blasted yesterday :)

Antec_300_threehundred_casemod9z9z9z1v.jpg

I meant to ask you on your last project, what are you using for your blasting? Media? Equipment? I'm getting tired of hand sanding as prep and wouldn't mind stepping up to abrasive blasting instead.

I hear ya.. We use a Media blaster, I recorded the process in how we painted the chassis for that project for YouTube, heres the link

YouTube - Case Mod: Paint Computer Chassis (mnpctech.com)

Cool, I've seen most of your vids but somehow missed that one.

Does your boy Brad have any recommendations on a good quality hobby sandblaster? I'd pretty much only use it for modding cases and the odd day of autobody repair. I have the compressor already, would just need a sandblaster.

Cool, I've seen most of your vids but somehow missed that one.

Does your boy Brad have any recommendations on a good quality hobby sandblaster? I'd pretty much only use it for modding cases and the odd day of autobody repair. I have the compressor already, would just need a sandblaster.

The one from the vid, 100 pd was only $299, it's the smallest I;ve seen check Fleetfarm, Eastwood sells one
Eastwood Co. - Soda Blaster Starter Kit w/ Media

Heres Ebay results has cheaper
soda blaster, eBay Motors, Business Industrial items on eBay.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom