Seems like a great deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a really great build. Do you think you could post the rest of the stuff I'd need?

If it's that much cheaper, I may be getting it much earlier than expected. xD

post six.

from the op

clearly a change in agenda for the topic. he isn't interested in spending an *** ton of money clearly. what we were doing is recommending him a really high quality build that will last him a long while without busting the bank.

you come in saying that a good deal would be your setup for 1625 when while it would be a good performing build, it fails to stay on the change of topic. and when it was mentioned that you're post had no relevance to the topic you got ****ed off.

i agree with zmatt, don't start a flame-war with a respected member with a much higher post count unless you want to get egang-banged.

Q: Is the parts in that pre-built cheaper than you can usually buy? A: Yes
Q: Are those the best parts to buy with that budget? A: No
Q: Should someone looking to buy a computer choose a inferior product just because its on sale? A: No

The pre built is not a good deal for the OP because he can do better. It would be like shopping for cars and one cost 50k and one cost 30k. However the 30k one gives at least as good performance in every area. But does that mean you should run out and buy the 50k one if it went on sale for 40k? I wouldn't because the competetion is the better deal.

Dario is right. The common goal of hobbyists is to get the best parts for the best price. Making sure the consumer wins and not bowing to any loyalty to one company or another is important.

The pre built is not a good deal for the OP because he can do better. It would be like shopping for cars and one cost 50k and one cost 30k. However the 30k one gives at least as good performance in every area. But does that mean you should run out and buy the 50k one if it went on sale for 40k? I wouldn't because the competetion is the better deal.

Good analogy, though the 30k car could been seen as better in some/all cases as the 50k car.

Q: Is the parts in that pre-built cheaper than you can usually buy? A: Yes
Q: Are those the best parts to buy with that budget? A: No
Q: Should someone looking to buy a computer choose a inferior product just because its on sale? A: No

well said.

In my opinion the post zmatt originally responded to wasn't very clear. I think his response was suitable.

I assume you think most of us have ATI agenda if recommending graphics cards with great price/performance that can be run in a multi card setup using motherboards that are cheaper and in most cases better to be having an agenda.

No I certainly don't, in fact I also (in most cases) will do an ATI build. I said that in reference to him saying that a 3rd and 4th time over after I think everyone understood his position. My point is this: some people will buy GTX260's... Some people will want a 775 chipset board... It seems to me that was what the question was asking...

If someone says: Hey, look at this porsche turbo for 65k.. is that a good deal? And someone responded... no that's crap... you can get a 99' civic and do engine work to it for about 20k and have the same speed.... or no its not a good deal because the nissan gt-r trumps it on the track....

Neither of those are appropriate responses to the question... If you said... yes for the parts it is a good deal, HOWEVER I think you should consider spending the same money on alternate parts then you have answered the question and inserted your opinion without disguising it as an answer to the original post.

^ I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make. If taken at face value it seems your post there reverses your previous statements. And if you don't want to be labeled as a fanboy then I suggest you steer away form making statements like the ATI agenda one.

you come in saying that a good deal would be your setup for 1625 when while it would be a good performing build, it fails to stay on the change of topic. and when it was mentioned that you're post had no relevance to the topic you got ****ed off.

I said that in support of my claim that Ibuypower offers good deals on parts vs price, not necc PERFORMANCE vs price.... If I was agitated at all it was when zmat attacked me personally...

i agree with zmatt, don't start a flame-war with a respected member with a much higher post count unless you want to get egang-banged.

Again, I didn't start a flame war. I said, hey guys... I think opinion X becuase of so and so and I think you guys might be confusing the topic... I was flamed for that comment...

A higher post count... not a strong way to win an argument sir.. I believe they call this immaterial.

^ I'm still not sure what point you are trying to make. If taken at face value it seems your post there reverses your previous statements. And if you don't want to be labeled as a fanboy then I suggest you steer away form making statements like the ATI agenda one.

I don't know how clear I can make it... the posts were inappropriate to the question as the car example supported...

I said that in support of my claim that Ibuypower offers good deals on parts vs price, not necc PERFORMANCE vs price.... If I was agitated at all it was when zmat attacked me personally...
you made no mention of the ibuypower build, rather you threw in your high performance build with out any explanation other than for 1625 prebuilt it was a good deal, which had no relevance towards the topic at hand.

Again, I didn't start a flame war. I said, hey guys... I think opinion X becuase of so and so and I think you guys might be confusing the topic... I was flamed for that comment...

our view on the topic is correct in that he wants a good build for little money so he can get it sooner than expected, and also he wants to have it stay so he can run it for years to come. To me it didn't come off as you were saying i think you guys might be confused on the topic, rather, it came off like you were saying hey you guys got off topic and what you're saying now has no relevance towards the OP and his wishes in a build.

A higher post count... not a strong way to win an argument sir.. I believe they call this immaterial.

higher post count generally dictates a longer presence on the board and a more advanced knowledge as most post spammers in the OT section aren't around anymore, so the people here with high post counts are all quite knowledgeable, especially zmatt. You aren't gonna go tell Brett Farve how to throw a ball right.. Same principle applies here.

I don't know how clear I can make it... the posts were inappropriate to the question as the car example supported...
he's making a comparision that shows why you're post was irrelevant. i fail to see how the posts are inappropriate to the question as it was a question that was created by you and needed to be addressed.

With that being said, we need to keep it on the topic of his build. If you must have the final word than I'm not gonna respond to it and you can make your final argument and call it a day or whatever, but this is getting to be immature and childish and should be taken off this thread if you wish to continue. People have contact info and there's a PM system for a reason.

Post 14: Reply to original topic...

Post about ibuypower... that was response to a post about NEVER BUY A PREBUILT etc etc..

Then the flames came because there was a disagreement...

so zmatt is the brett favre of the board eh? And I guess the only way to learn about computers is on THIS forum... wish I had me some experience then... I'll try spam posting about 2k comments... will that make me more knowledgeable coach?

I came to this forum hoping it wasn't a ****ing contest between kids... guess not; probably just the age group. Video game forums are the same trash.. flame and injected opinions with no room for discussion...

good luck boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom