XFX GTX 260 SLI Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PH3N0M

In Runtime
Okay, I'm having a dilemma that I've never had before. I recently purchased a couple of XFX GTX 260's to replace my 8800GTX cards. While using only one of them, everything is just fine however, when I switch them into SLI, I can only run a game for 5-10 minutes and it freezes up and I have to reboot. I never had an issue like this with my 8800's and I can't figure out why I'd be having this problem now. I've swapped the cards around, re-seating them, and it didn't make any difference. As for temps, under full load #1 runs @ 60C and #2 runs at 65C. Could I have a bad SLI bridge, or...? This really makes no sense because they work just fine if I'm using just one of them but a few minutes after going SLI, I have to reboot my pc because it locks up.

I finally got a blue screen with a stop error code of "0x000000EA...THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" which states This issue might occur if the graphics adapter is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle. This issue typically indicates a problem with the video hardware or that the graphics adapter cannot program the hardware correctly.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys.

My specs:

QX6700 @ 3.2ghz
nForce 590i / 1000w psu
4gb OCZ Gold DDR2-667
2 x 80gb Raptor in raid 0
2 x 320gb Western Digital Caviar in raid 0
2 x XFX XXX Edition GTX 260's in SLI (896mb/448-bit)
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
2 x LG DVD/CD R/RW drives
Logitech G51 5.1 sound
Logitech G15 gaming keyboard
Logitech G5 laser mouse
HP w2408h 24" Hi-Def LCD @ 1920x1080 res

Yes, nForce 590i. To my knowledge, they only produced them for the Dell XPS systems. It's a BTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom