Computer won't start Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you updated your BIOS? Have you tried to clear your CMOS?

I guess I could try to update my BIOS. But why would it just stop working after working fine for a month?

I talked to idiotic level one ASUS tech support.....he was clueless. He passed me on to a**hole level 2 tech support who said that I can't be right because this is impossible. He THE ONLY thing that could cause this was bad memory or CPU overheating.

I told him I was in the BIOS and temp was 35*C and he goes, "Oh so you can sit in the BIOS for 10 hours? You are wrong, the motherboard is fine." Then he goes, "Have you tried booting with one stii....."

And I cut him off and told him I have tried each stick individually and tried two other sets of DDR2 RAM and have run memtest86 for 18 hours with no errors.

"Well you will have the same case number and I am transferring you to RMA".

Bump from page 10 and a month later......

Sent my mobo in to ASUS and they detected no problem. I changed power supply to PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750.

What in the fuuuuuuuuuudge.

*EDIT* On a side note (is this even possible) I am in my BIOS under "hardware monitor" and it says my CPU temp is 20.5*C. I needed some more thermal paste and bought this stuff and a local tiny store. Guy says he gets it for 99 cents, i flipped him a buck and walked out. If those numbers are for real....

20.5C is good. That is actually low for a CPU. Have yo utried to reinstall Vista? It seems that this install is gone.

20.5C is good. That is actually low for a CPU. Have yo utried to reinstall Vista? It seems that this install is gone.

You may not have read the rest of the thread.

I have been working on this for over a month and a half, yes I have tried to reinstall vista. After the initial screen it reboots and starts that loop again.

Also, I know that temp is good.....I didn't know it was possible on air.

Yes i have read the rest of the thread. The problem lies with your DVD Drive or some other component in your system. Unless your CPU is throwing out errors that isnt being caught by anyone else.

There is no MemTest86 Results posted. No results of any CPU testing done. Without knowing if the Memory passes MemTest and the CPU passes a stress test we cant say for sure.

Memtest86 - Download Page
.StressLinux.org. - .System.High.Load.Test.

Well the only thing i could think of at this point would be either a CPU or a mobo issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom