HP Pavilion dv7-1025nr - Problem with Wireless Button/Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgs99822

Beta member
I just recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv7-1025nr notebook and in the past five weeks, they've had to replace it three times with a different one because they all keep doing the same thing. There's a wireless button that is touch activated. After about one to two weeks, that wireless button stops turning on. It is supposed to go from orange to blue when you touch it but it just stays orange. Therefore the wireless won't work and sometimes the wired stops working too. They are replacing it yet again and I'm just wondering. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do to fix it? I LOVE the laptop itself (at least for the week long stints I've gotten to have one lol). Any ideas on what the problem is or what I can do?

My DV9700t (the older 17" model, mine has roughly the same specs as a dv7t) has a similar touch strip of buttons (not for Wireless though, for media and volume). It needs drivers to make it work, try downloading and installing any HP drivers for buttons if they have any on HP's site.

Hello,

If you've formatted and re-installed the OS, make sure that you've installed all the correct and necessary drivers.

Also, note that if you manually disable the wireless device in Network Connections, then the wireless button on the laptop will not work. The wireless device must be enabled in Network Connections in order for the wireless button on the laptop to be able to function.
Network Connections is located at Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Manage network connections (in the left-hand 'Task' pane) in Windows Vista and Control Panel -> Network Connections in Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom