My Pc wont Detect Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajnikant

Solid State Member
I am using intergrated video card right now and i wanna install XFX 8500GT on pci slot but my computer wont detect card on that slot even though i have installed it. My computer suppose to automatically disable the on board card once it find card on pci slot. I also tried to to manully but no resualt so far.
Can anybody help Please,
I have Gateway GM5088 computer and Windows Vista Ultimate.

Edited:-
I forgot to mation that sometime it does detects and i get video through by my card but when i restart my pc then it wont. I will get my video from intergrated card.

Your putting it in a PCIe slot right? NOt a PCI slot.

And i was going to suggest manually disabling your onboard graphics but if you've dont that route, i would just make sure you have enough power for it. Make sure the card is seated properly.

IF you have another card lying around or a friend that has one you could try putting it in to rule out a fault PCIe slot.

-Well I am putting that on PCIe slot.
-I tried manually and i also contact with gateway about this and they say it suppose to disable by itself if it doesnt you can do it manually so i tried both way . it doesnt work.
-Ok wht about power?

Check edited post please

So if you were to put the card in your board, and go to Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager, under your display, your new card isn't showing up?

Do you have another PCIe slot you can try to stick it in? Or another PCIe device you can stick in the slot to see if there is a faulty port?

well i dont have another pcie slot but i tried to install different card which was 9800GT but it didnt work but i think it didnt work cause of power

This is my computer Confirgation.
My computer is Gateway's GM5088
Running Windows XP Meida Center Edition
5.1.2600 Service pack 2 Build 2600
x86 family 15 model35 Stepping 2 Authentic AMD~2411MHZ
I also have Panda I. S. Spybot S.D. and Ad aware installed.
AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 4600+ dual core processor with AMD64 Technology

* Operates at 2.4 GHz
* 2000 MHz system bus
* 512 KB ×2 L2 cache

Memory: 2048 MB DDR 400 MHz (PC3200) memory (four 512 MB modules)

Integrated NVIDIA GeForce® 6100 graphics with up to 128 MB of Shared Video Memory.

AMD Sempron / Athlon64 / Athlon X2 ( Socket 939 ) support
Up to 1GHz FSB
Chipset North bridge : nVIDIA® GeForce™ 6100 CPU
South bridge : nVIDIA® nForce™ 410 MCP
Memory 4 DIMM slot
DDR 333 / 400
IDE Interface 2 IDE Connectors Support Ultra DMA ATA 100 / 133
VGA Interface PCI Express x16 slot
Expansion Slots 1 PCI Express x16 slot
1 PCI Express x1 slot
2 PCI slot

Status