powers up but nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.
so even though its a different core than the 2 my motherboard supports, it should still work?

thanks a lot for all the reply's :)

Well, if its the same slot and the same FSB it doesnt really make shit of a difference what core its made from. Unless the mobo cant handle the hotter core. Doubtful. Just keep trying, if you have any spare parts switch them up and make sure none of your parts are defective. Did you get any beep codes from the MOBO? If so, you should check the booklet and find out what they mean.

Ya but that problem happens ALOT when Ram isn't seated right so really make sure its in there good. You got your 9600SE for 129.99$, I got my 9800SE for the same price.

ok ive checked a bunch of stuff, reseted the video card, moved the ram around, checked all the connections. One thing i can think of is that my processor may not be seated correctly or the fan is in way too tightly and crooked causing the processor to be seted sttrangely. I was trying to get the freakin fan out and it WILL NOT MOVE. Are fans able to be removed after insertion and also is it a good idea to reseat the processor? the clamp on the one side of the fan wont close, so i think the fans in wrong.

o ya and i got my Gfx card for like 79.99 after rebate.

Get that HSF off your processor man, and check to make sure you havent bent any pins. If you have, you must be very very very very careful. NO VISE GRIPS. I've been successful in bending pins back. That tilted cpu could be your problem....

the godamn fan refuses to budge. I tried for a good 10 minutes. My freakin fingers are hurting. There must be a way fans are take off.

k fan got off but now im thinking its the freking monitor. Or perhaps the graphics card. I looked at the connector from the monitor the the card and it was missing a pin. Thought that could screw things up. noticed it after all this.

i dont know if this means anything but the comp does make sounds kinda like its booting up when i press power. no beeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom