Red Faction: Guerrilla - Destruction trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey was kickin around steam when i seen this: THQ UK - THQ TV - Red Faction: Guerrilla - Destruction Trailer

I always liked the first red-faction because you could just goof off with the terrain destruction like blowing tunnel networks and stuff lol.

This new one, looks pretty darn good to me. proper building destruction system.
All I can say is: It's about darn time. XD

Hope we can see more games popping up with proper building stress and destruction elements.

WOW! I remember when Red Faction orginally came out and I did find myself rather disappointed on what you could do with the to terrain destruction. Like you could make a hole in the wall and that was about it. And even there, there was a not a lot of places where you could actually do this as part of the game play.

It looks like in this game, they are putting in every thing that that the first game was missing out on.

shacknews.com said:
Guerrilla marks the debut of a new third-person perspective and cover system in the Red Faction series, and is scheduled to release during THQ's 2009 fiscal year, which runs from April 1, 2008 to March 31, 2009.
source: Red Faction: Guerrilla Video is Fully Destructible - Shacknews - PC Games, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Wii video game news, previews and downloads

explains how they chose third person and why.

Personally I wish it would be faux-third person like fallout 3, where you can play first person if you want to. I've never liked third person games much. The control always feels sloppy and slow.

I don't like 3rd person, either. Hard for me to play from that perspective, 'd much rather have at least the option of 1st person.

Can't wait to blow **** up! I remember me and my friend would go up agaisnt bots at max lvl and just go crazy! Can't wait to see how it's going to turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom