Trouble with MiniPCI Wireless Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdrewrd

Beta member
I have had so much trouble with my wireless adapter. If someone could come up with a solution for me I would be very grateful.

Everything was working fine. I had originally installed Windows on my Inspiron 1501 notebook about a year ago and everything was working fine. I recently tried to install FLP but couldn't get the wireless adapter to work for anything. I reverted back to my original Windows Home that came with my PC and now it still wont work.

The adapter is a Broadcom BCM94312MCG with AMD Turion processor.
All other drivers are working.
The driver that came with my PC won't even launch (R151519.exe)
I downloaded and it (R151519.exe) from the Dell site and it launches, installs and claims to have started the adapter.
Adapter is not in Network Connections.
Adapter is showing up under Device Manager with the Yellow (!).
Manually installing drivers results in Error Code 10 "This device cannot start"

The only thing I did differently this time as opposed to when I originally installed and got everything working was to completely format the drive, deleting the small partitions (i think 2, but there may have just been one) that the drive came with. I don't know what these small partitions were for, but I was assured that deleting them was ok. They are not recreated when installing with the Windows Home disk that came with the computer. Could this be the problem and if so, how do I fix this?

Any help or suggestions will be very appreciated.

Thank you!

That small drive you deleted is most likely a recovery partition that many manufacturers place on new PC's and laptops to prevent what is happening with you now...i know irony sucks lol.

you can try this driver bcm94312mcg driver (Broadcom) but i did a search on broadcoms site and could not find what you specified but that link looks like it might work for you.

Thanks King,

I have been trying to get that driver (bcm94312mcg driver (Broadcom)) even though I believe I have the correct driver. I can't seem to create an account on that site and the one time download where they send you a link to your mailbox doesn't seem to work either. Anyone else had any luck with that site?

My bad buddy. i did not intend to send you to a site that needed you to register i hate those.

google "bcm94312mcg" and check out some sites and see if you can get one that lets you download it.

like i said i tried broadcoms own site and its not on there, contacting there support team might help as sometimes they can just email you the drivers that arent listed on the site. ive had to do that a several times.

OK, i think I got it. I don't know why no other drivers would work. I also just installed SP3, so maybe that had something to do with it suddenly working. Had to install a utility - BCM94312MCG.ZIP. I don't understand why it was so difficult to get a driver working because I know I didn't go through all of this last time I reinstalled. I'm going to uninstall the connection utility that came with this driver so hopefully it will still work. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom