Sound Cards..That big of deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VersaEmerge

Solid State Member
Hey.

I won some free Creative sound card for a local LAN not too long ago and put it in, and was stumped to find that nothing has changed. My headphones are the Astro A40 Audo Systems.

I was thinking about buying a 3rd GTX280 to throw in my case(Yes, Im a FPS whore), but the Soundcard is taking up the availablespace.

Which would you reccomend.

I've been perfectly fine without a sound card before, so Im thinking sell the sound card?

Hey.

I won some free Creative sound card for a local LAN not too long ago and put it in, and was stumped to find that nothing has changed. My headphones are the Astro A40 Audo Systems.

I was thinking about buying a 3rd GTX280 to throw in my case(Yes, Im a FPS whore), but the Soundcard is taking up the availablespace.

Which would you reccomend.

I've been perfectly fine without a sound card before, so Im thinking sell the sound card?
soundcard for sure! tri sli hardly will even make a difference its not really mainstream yet, in alot of cases it performs the same as sli. not to mention u need a monster psu. if you cant notice a difference in sound, theres either something wrong with ur ears or u got a very old creative card, but even the audigy series is significantly better than onboard.

lol even if your an fps ho having a third gtx280 would be pointless right now IMO. It's just recently games are starting to properly support dual GPU.

I notice a very large difference in sound between onboard and hardware. Of course I listen to a lot of music, even while gaming. It would matter less in just straight gaming.
'Course I had a newer x-fi which could make the difference. a cheap sound card may as well just be onboard in most cases.
If you can't notice the difference, go ahead and sell it, why not. It's just takign up space
And if you just have to spend money go for another gtx280. You won't see much of a difference till they hammer out all the driver issues, and actually make it scale better than sli... but you're guarenteed to probably never need a video card upgrade again lol.

man i cant live without a sound card any more. once uve had one u cant go back the sound is amazing

it really depends on the speakers you have...if you've got just ****** weak speakers with poor bass response and a small range you wont notice the difference, but if you've got a decent ear and some good speakers it'll be a noticeable difference... but if i could have a 3xSLI setup with gtx280s (and didn't have to pay for it) i'd go that over any soundcard any day of the week

lol.. why the **** do you have an a40 with no soundcard.
imo sell that a40, its useless unless your whole team has them.

but get a prelude (xfi)

I always wondered the same thing but am realizing that the sound is much better.

You should listen to a lot of music/videos/games and then go to a couple of friends house's and do the same and see if there is a difference to you

I'd go based on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom