Annoying CPU noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoWarrior

In Runtime
My cpu makes a contant buzzing sound's (like if something is loose) almost costantly. When I tilt the computer quite a bit it goes away most of the time. We also tried putiing it in tighter and looser and still it make it's noise. I know that it's the fan thats causing the annoying noise. My prossecer fan came with my AMD anthlon 64 3200+ (and with the heatsink). So maybe I should get a new CPU fan......What do you guys think?

Get a new fan, something might be wrong with your cooling fan. This can cause problems in the future if it causes your CPU to overheat, I suggest you head on down to newegg and check some out. They have good HSF's for under 20 bucks. And they deliver in no time.

you should probably get a new fan, yes. its likely that the one you have is coming lose from its "socket" when your computer is off, try pushing lightly on the centre of the fan. that might fix it, it happened to one of my fans a while ago.

Yep - You are going to need a new fan. It's not a problem though, the stock fan that comes with the 754s arn't the best.

And it has to be the fan, because a CPU doesn't buzz... lol...

P.S.: Did u make sure that the fan was securely mounted onto the heatsink?

Yeah, I tried everything to get rid of the noise. Whats a good recommendation for the Athlon 64 3200+?

Although it probably is the fan, I remember my friend had the same problem, and it turned out the be the floppy drive was rubbing up against a piece of metal loose on the tower. It wouldnt change the performance but it made a sound

ok...I guess the sockets of 64's are all the same as far as the heatsink goes? Cause this heatsink just says FOR AMD ATHLON 64 FX3200+ and 3200+ and above! So I guess they just made all the socket designs as far as heatsinks being put on the same huh? I believe you gotta actually take off your board and screw it in? Anyway this would be the best heatsink for that I believe...it doesn't have a fan though...couple it with a 92mm Vantec Tornado and cooling won't be an issue....going deaf will...

http://www.svc.com/thermalright-slk-948u.html

Theres the Thermalright...

EDIT: I've heard good things about the following heatsink, but I have no personal experience with it so I have no idea....they claim to lap it to .0003" (3/10 of 1/1000") with a near mirror finish so they pay attention to detail (FINALLY! Heatsinks need to come standard mirror finish!) Heres the link. This is by swiftech:

http://www.svc.com/mcx6400-v.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom