New Build:Quad-Core or Dual-Core for Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdarftw

Baseband Member
Hey guys, considering building a new gaming desktop,and i am just wondering, should i use a quad core or a dual core for gaming? i am gonna be playing games where i cant have lag. lol my laptop only has a 2.0ghz dual core, and it lags during the game. so i was thinkning getting something with a high core clock, but if i have more cores, does it kinda cancel that out? i remember having a 2.4ghz quad by intel, and it didnt work to well for some of my games, and alot of ppl said most games dont support quad-cores anyways. well if i could have some opinions, ideas, thoughts? that would be grt :D

Right now dual cores tend to perform better at games. That said the biggest influence on gaming performance is the graphics card, not cpu.

is it better? and also what do u guys think about memory? i kinda want 6-8gb, and prob pc6400 ddr2. got any suggestions for some fast memory? i am not that knowledgable on mem timing either :)

pshh even anything above 4gb is really not necessary...

yes the HD 4870 is better

I dont think the E8500 is worth extra for a .5x more multiplier.

Are you talking about the GTX 260 216?

Both perform close to each other. GTX 260 is good for folding if you do any now or in the future.

core 216 is beast.
oc that biotch,i run like 150-200 fps in cod4 maxed.
some areas like 250,lol

The hd4870 1GB will outperform the core 216 in most games, but not as good for folding. Just depends what you want it for. The hd4870 512mb is more comparable to the core 216 and its alot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom