buying mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

erkster

In Runtime
ok so i bought a acer aspire 5920 for $1100 and am really happy with it,but i made the mistake of not shopping around first.

now i was originally going to buy the 8920 as it's much much nicer,but the shop i was buying from could only get it for $1400 and i was only looking to spend $1100 max but now i found the 8920 at another shop for $1199 and the 5920
for $800.

now what i want to know is:

1.the 5920 for $800 has 70gb of harddrive,1gb of ram more then mine,
but the processor is a 1.83 ghz and mine is a 2.0 ghz.

so which is the better deal the $1100 one or the $800 one??

2.is there anyway to get my money back on the laptop i bought so i can buy the 8920??(there is nothing wrong with it i just want the 8920)

any help is much much appreciated.

and to jorsoft and zmatt i would just like to apologize for the last thread that we had a bit of a discussion on.

As for the return, that honestly is going to depend on the return policy of the store you purchased it from. My guess is they will not refund your money or give you credit for the difference.

For another 90 bucks or so you could upgrade your RAM, and save the othe 210 bucks for an extrenal hard drive of 1 TB or more. IMO the 800 dollar one is a better deal, while less ram and less hard disk space, for the difference of 300 dollars you could easily upgrade your rame and get an external disk drive for less than 300 bucks.

Adding a gig of ram will not cost 90 bucks...

Especially if we're talking about your laptop having 1gig and the other having 2.

If it's 3gigs to 4, it's not even worth it.

Your processor will bottleneck before you run out of memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom