Radeon HD 3650

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrfctDrk

Beta member
Hi, this is my first time here, and I've checked other forums but I still dont have any responses...

I have a new Radeon HD 3650 AGP, and a Micro ATX motherboard, 1GB RAM, and an old Intel P4 3.06 Ghz CPU. This isnt the best computer out there obviously, but it's most that I can afford given I have a semi-good job and living with a roomate.

My question is, would a card like this that came out recently, be able to run games that came out in 2005, in 1280x1024 or even 1024x768 without much noticeable lag? I bought Grand Theft Auto San Andreas a few days ago and tried it, pumped up the gfx to the highest and it still lags like crazy.

I was also told by a friend that this card can run games like Mass Effect on normal settings, with 800x600 or so, and I run that game, and there is substantial lag, I only get about 10 fps, 30 looking up into the sky.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I believe I have the correct drivers, but I couldnt find any drivers for the 3650 series, only the 3600....

Any Ideas? They will be appreciated, and thank you in advance........

Two 512MB RAM sticks, and Windows XP home edition... I'm not sure what my RAM stick's brand are (I will check in an hour or so, I'm waiting for someone to log on). The sticks are mixed brands though, i know that.

This card should run those games just fine. I have a old 6800 that could run them.

These are the drivers:
ATI Catalyst 8.10 - ATI Radeon - XP

The drivers are for the 3600 Series which includes the 3650. ;)

If you are having problem why not go thru our spyware guide:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-removal-guide-osiris-updated-8-18-2008-a-165828/

Post your HiJack Log here:

HijackThis Logs (analyze) - Computer Forums

If that comes out clean and you still experience some serious lag try this:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-keep-winxp-really-fast-stable-156582/

Good call on turning off AA.

Those cards should have no trouble running these games, weird you're having such issues. I would also advise downloading Disk Keeper Lite and doing a defrag, that could help as well. Also removing spyware/malware as was said above.

Thank you very much to all involved. I still cannot play Mass Effect (Crysis somehow runs great on 800x600 though Lol), but the other games in contest seem to be cleared up :)

Dude the card is not as awful as you claim lol. Your CPU is limiting your performance, along with the fact you have mixed ram. You might also want to find out whether you have DDR2 Ram on your Video Card or DDR3.

Don't go trying to max out games, instead aim for medium settings.

Aye, Hussein, I try to find medium settings when gaming, but whenever I get a new card i like to push it to see exactly what my card can handle when it comes to gaming, so I know what games I can handle when they come out and what I cannot :p

I'm just happy I can run all my old games and most of the new ones coming out lately.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom