Notebook prob, Samsung R510 - Bluescreens & USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feanturii

Beta member
Here goes,

Recently I bought a Samsung R510 notebook and for the past couple of weeks I'm experiencing something that really annoys me.

Every once in a while when I put a usb-device into a usb-port or pull a usb-devise out of i's port, I get the blue screen of death. It's actually not that big a deal as it saves all of the data that's of significance and dumps it into the cache (is that the way to put it?). :eek:

Now needless to say this will not do, and I wonder what is causing the problem. Most of the time I use a usb-wireless mouse and I use usb-memory sticks as well. I'm pretty sure these crashes are caused by the ports as mostly that's what seems to trigger it.
Any support and input is very much appreciated!

• Is this a common problem for these notebooks or is it something that's a known problem for some notebooks?
  • Is it fixable by a user like me or is it a job for the helpdesk?

Go to the Samsung site and check for your make and model. From there check the driver downloads for the chipset drivers. Install those. See if that helps.

Go to the Samsung site and check for your make and model. From there check the driver downloads for the chipset drivers. Install those. See if that helps.

Now this might work, there's also some vista updates I installed just now. Also I had a ESET's latest anti-virus install running without registering it. I noticed that my CPU usage dropped by a great deal.

I'll update some drivers from the Samsung website and I'll check back in later. Thanks for this tip!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, what I did is download a file which contains a large number of critical updates for Samsung R510 FS01 (notebook) you can find a link here a possible issue now is, after running the installer I can query the status of the install by running "Hotfixchecker" and here's the result: (hope the image shows as it doesn't display for me)

//* Hotfixcheker is an application that comes with the downloaded file *//

There's 65 critical updates, 5 common updates and 30 "not cared item" total, 5 of the critical updates didn't come through, and are thus marked as "fail" - should I try to resolve this as it is a problem? Or isn't this much of a big deal and leave it be?
Any help / input is welcome. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom