GFX for my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok the motherboard was a bit my fault that i didnt examine it 100% for compatiable hardware support.

I live in estonia. I got work in computer company that produces PC/Nb's. So i can order via them all the necessary hardware.

I did a little research at weekend and asked my co-workers and some friends about the hardware and what would be a great pc with decent price offcorse.

So I really am attracted for Sapphire HD 4870(512MB) @ CF. As BongWizard(Thank you) said and for the PSU also i guess. A lot cheaper + higher W.
About the memory, i really liked the dominators, none has ever complained about them, really look nice and the cooling system looks awesome on them.
But as Puddle Jumper(thank you) mentioned some G.Skill memory. I even didnt know that G.Skill even excisted. i did a research on them also and all say that they are great. So i would go for them i guess. A lot cheaper + higher speed.

So, If im going for the Sapphire 4870 512MB @ CF, G.Skill 2x2GB 1066Mhz and corsair 750W PSU.
Need suggestion about motherboard and CPU. Is the 9550 that bad choice then?
Because the HDD and DVD drive arent so important to choose. HDD SeaMax and DVD would be NEC.

Any suggestions about the motherboard with decent price + quality?

NOTE: I will buy a TT Soprano DX case w/window. So i want it look nice/fancy. That was maybe 1 reason why the dominator RAM and motherboard, bc it looked nice. 70% hardware performance and 30 would be how it all looks inside. Its just in my head and cant get it out, the PC has to look nice.

EDIT: If possible, then the total price for all of it would be? Thanks for further information.

Well if you got all of those prices from your company, they are WAY overpriced.

For the Ram, i say just go with the G.Skill black PI's 800Mhz, but either one is great. G.skill is way better ram than corsair.

The 9550 is a great cpu, I want one myself. What are you using this computer for?

For the HDD, get a western digital, their 640 GB one is really good. I don't know what SeaMax is, but they don't sound too trusty and if your HDD fails, you lose all of your stuff. It is a much more important decision than you think.

One of the top motherboards right now is the biostar I45. Great quality and not too expensive.

Well i think i would go for the CF setup, because i saw the benchmarks and 4870 @ CF beats 4870x2: ( and i dont need the other PCI slot open, i would use it anyway, il buy my last gaming PC, what i could use for some year or 2 and the CF setup is cheaper + better bench as i saw at the link-->)

X-bit labs - ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 Vs. ATI Radeon HD 4870 CrossFire Review (page 15)

Anyway, the computer is first of all a home PC for gaming and graphics.
And about the "overprice" at my co, thats the shop price. I will get them cheaper anyhow.

About the Motherboard, i dont have it at storage but i think my co can order it. And it looks nice and the reviews talk only the best. Thanks for all of your help. But it isnt 100% sure yet. I havent calculated the final price of the PC. So i have to contact my sales director for prices and possibilities to get the necessary hardware(the sapphire 4870 CF, biostar I45, and the 750W corsair). And maybe some more things if necessary. Hope its not going to be too high.

I was planning that the summary of price would be around 2000$. Hoped that with LCD,mouse, keyboard etc. + soundcard i guess. I think it will cost more to me than 2000$ dont you think?

EDIT: The Biostar I45 - I question, There is a fan on motherboard, that cools chipset, but, I wouldnt go for the stock fan, zalman or something would be better, does the cpu cooler fit there? Is there that much space? Or what kind of cooler fits there?

i bet their not really overprices it could be the normal cost in Estonia, you might say roughly $306 for a sapphire HD4870 is overpriced but that's one of the cheapest 4870's on the main english component sites:ebuyer,aria,overclockers

although looking at newegg we don't seem to have it so bad anymore, your prices are only like $40-50 dollars cheaper, not that bad.

i bet their not really overprices it could be the normal cost in Estonia, you might say roughly $306 for a sapphire HD4870 is overpriced but that's one of the cheapest 4870's on the main english component sites:ebuyer,aria,overclockers

although looking at newegg we don't seem to have it so bad anymore, your prices are only like $40-50 dollars cheaper, not that bad.

higher you mean, i got the offer from my co and 370$ per Sapphire 4870 512MB. Thats quite much, dont you think? alltho the shop price is like 410$. So those are normal prices in estonia. Ofcorse i would get all my hardware at newegg. But dont have the right budget atm, i will pay for the pc like 12 months if you know what i mean. Every month some part.

EDIT: I think i've made up my mind now. Consulted lots of ppl about that and read the whole google sites reviews etc(lol).

Motherboard - Biostar I45.

Memory - Not sure yet. Order the G.Skill 1066 or go for the dominators bc it doesnt affect much, the price would be allmsot the same if I order it from my co.

GPU - Single Gigabyte or Sapphire(if im willing to wait some days/weeks) 4870 1GB, why? Because as "Hussein19891" said that not all games support CF, and single 4870 512MB costs here 360$ and 4870 1GB 400$ then defenately the 1 GB version.

HDD - 640GB WD SATAII 7200 16MB + thinking to buy the raptor for OS. But not sure i need it when i have chance to make partitions on HDD. And i maybe i dont need that OS speed.

Case - TT Soprano DX w/window (black)

CPU - Ok on this one i would need some help. Q9550 or Q6600. Is the 9550 to high end and the Q6600 does his work perfectly with this system?

Sound card - SB Creative X-FI Xtreme Gamer would be my first choice, but whats the dif between SB Creative X-FI XtremeGamerFa ?

Optical Drive - DVDRW NEC 7201S LS SATA (black)

PSU - Again i would go for the Corsair 750W, BUT i have to wait again, days or weeks dont know, so Hiper 780W would make the same price, maybe even cheaper some bucks. The only high W corsair is 650W and it costs 185$. Any ideas if it does its work on this system?

CPU FAN - Ok on this one i defenately need some help. I list some coolers that i have at storage:

TT CPU coolers
Volcano 4005 Heat Exchanger
TT V1 CL-P0401 s.775
TT Ruby Orb CL-P0391 s.775/AM2
TT Cooler MiniTyp 90 s.multi
TT TMG i1 s.775 CL-P0370
TT TMG A1 s.AM2
Thermaltake Safari BX02 p0122D

Zalman CPU coolers
Zalman CNPS9700 LED
Zalman CNPS9500A LED
Zalman CNPS8700LED
Zalman CNPS7700-Cu
Zalman CNPS7700 ALCU
Zalman CNPS7500Cu LED
Zalman CNPS7500ALCU LED
Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED
Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu
Zalman CNPS7000BALCU LED
Zalman CNPS7000ALCU LED
P4 Cooler Zalman CNPS9500AT

Note that I prefer more zalman bc allmost all of them have blue led, and my PC moto would be blue light.

Mouse - Mouse Razer Copperhead 2000 Tempest Blue or Logitech G5 Which one is better?

Keyboard - Logitech G15

Headset - Need help on that also tho. i want the best one for gaming with decent price ofc.

LCD - Samsung T220 22"

OS - Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

Note that im a gamer who wants a high performance + as maxxed gfx as with best performance.

If i missed something or should change, dont hesitate to tell me about it. And tell if if its a good set or not?

GPU - Single Gigabyte or Sapphire(if im willing to wait some days/weeks) 4870 1GB, why? Because as "Hussein19891" said that not all games support CF, and single 4870 512MB costs here 360$ and 4870 1GB 400$ then defenately the 1 GB version.

Most games do support CF... in fact i've only come across one that doesnt support it outright and thats Crysis... i would still go with dual 4870s, they'll cost you a bit, but they're gonna be worth every penny if you want some serious performance... the only thing that the extra framebuffer (on the 1GB model) is gonna help you out with is aty really high resolutions (think 1920x1200) or in games with an immense amount of textures, vertices, etc, the only game where this extra memory is gonna help you these days is in Crysis on Very High settings, and you won't be able to play that really satisfactorily at more than 1280x800 with the RV770... anyway, 512MB on the 4870 is like 850MB on any other card (its DDR5 whereas everything else is DDR3, the bandwidth is nearly doubled)

CPU - Ok on this one i would need some help. Q9550 or Q6600. Is the 9550 to high end and the Q6600 does his work perfectly with this system?

the q6600 will work just fine for you (especially if it has the G0 stepping), and will overclock to well over 3.6GHz with the right settings... the only advantage the smaller q9550 has is a lower TDP and power consumption. the q6600 has a 0.5 multiplier advantage over the q9550, which means you can OC the q6600 alot further than the 9550 (well not really alot, but every bit counts)... given the price differential, i'd go with the q6600 any day of the week

^^ The recent batch of Q6600's don't overclock nearly as well as they used to. You would be lucky to get 3.6ghz with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom