Which RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhydra866

Baseband Member
Hello all (again), i'm going to be upgrading the RAM in my rig from 2GB to 4GB. However i'm still kind of newbie knowing which type to get.

Here is the RAM currently in my computer: Link

Now i'd like to get either of these three.. they're all different prices though and i'm kind of confused here. And i'm NOT looking to overclock them at all. Just to use as standard RAM would be used.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

either the PC2-8000 or PC2-8500 will serve you best, but your BIOS might underclock them by default, so you'll probably have to change the system memory multiplier such that they run at the stock frequencies

Eliminate the first, as it just sucks...

I'd say you could go with either the 2nd one or the 3rd one and be ok.. but I'd prefer the DDR2 1000 kit out of those...

Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Those are noteworthy also

PQ's dont suck by any means, unless your basing that just on price, becuase tha price is wack, but that set will get you a good 1000+ on about 2.1v

Before you buy memory, what speed do you plan to run your cpu at. Its usually best to know roughly what FSB you will be running. It's somewhat pointless to buy memory that runs 1066 when your cpu is only running 800FSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom