Vista restricting access to program files? (wow patch warning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Hey, ran the wow patch overnight, when i turned my monitor on there was a nag screen up saying .../.../program files(x86)/.... (default wow folder) was a bad place to have it installed, move it somewhere public.
So i clicked ignore, and more nag screens keep popping up. This is probably the last one:
wowerror.jpg

wtf? it's the default folder path. It's also the main path for every program you install?
Vista restricting access? how do i unrestrict access, because I'm not changing wow directory paths just to avoid patching errors :p I'd sooner uninstall it lol.

i googled it but came up dry, and can't seem to find the security off switch anywhere.

edit~~ nevermind, if the patching has errors i'll just cancel my subscription and uninstall it. screw it

UAC is off, always has been. I turn off nearly every irritating security 'feature' I can find on every install. Drives me freaking nuts when I'm being double and triple checked, and second guessed for everythign i do on my own PC.
honestly, it's less of a hassle getting a virus, and removing it, than it is to put up with vista's security.

LOL

I did hit yes, got an error halfway through. IDC anymore i just uninstalled it and cancelled. Subscription. I don't really play much anyway, just logged in to keep in touch with an old friend who plays it religiously. He'll get over it. It's blizzards own darn fault for doing something or other wrong. every other game on the planet seems to be able to patch into that directory without problems, but all of a sudden vista is restricting access to just this one? BS. I say it's a cop out because they were too lazy to re-write whatever they screwed up after they found out about it.

This might be one of those rare instances that UAC must be on.

UAC is on even though it's off? I don't get any warning prompts for anything else? I.e. asking if i'm sure like 3 times when emptying recycle bin or installing something.
And I like to keep things organized, so I used to just install games and programs seperately on another HD, then was told it's better to keep them on the windows partition. Why would I have any reason to think there was something wrong with the folder that every other program and game I have has no trouble with :S I don't HAVE to install it in the program files folder.. but my user folder is completely blank. I keep all that stuff o nthe storage partition. I don't really want a whole folder system with 1 program on it. It would drive me crazy just knowing it's there. lol

Anyway it's no biggie.

I... don't think I can swallow warhammer. IMO it doesn't look any different from wow aesthetically(One of the many huge gripes with wow is how it looks, i don't care much for it), and I'm not sure the quests would be any different(i.e. endless Collect this many, Kill this many, walk across the world 5 times delivering messages for me because phones arent invented). *I don't like pvp*, which apparently is a big draw to warhammer. And i also don't know anything about the warhammer universe. I always thought it was tanks and mecha, like all the big nerds used to play with in big figurine battle tournaments at the local game shop.
I might be a bit of a geek for being right into pc's and videogames and anime and crap, but i'm not THAT geeky hahaha. I'm a closet geek. XD

It's not pink!!!! Its..... Lightish Red!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom