Any step by step tutorials out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ go to bed :p

building pc's is super easy. if you want the best way to get used to building your own is to take apart one that you have and put it back together. like take out optical drives/hdds/pci/agp/pcie cards/mobo/psu etc...

I never really liked anti-static straps. Just follow a few simple rules and you'll be fine.
1. Before touching anything, touch your computer case on a METAL part, no painted/laminated/protected parts.
2. Place any static-sensitive parts on anti-static bags, esp. the ram.
3. Don't work on fluffy carpet, or surfaces where you're likely to pick up lots of static. If you have wood or tiled floor, work standing on that.
4. If you leave your build for a while (drop some dumpage, drink, etc), repeat step 1

Even with an anti-static strap, it's a good idea to follow those rules. Of course, if you really have to, wearing the straps doesn't hurt. Tho it can get in your way. and suddenly un-clip and fly with ferocity into your eyeball. yeah...that's happened :)

I never really liked anti-static straps. Just follow a few simple rules and you'll be fine.
1. Before touching anything, touch your computer case on a METAL part, no painted/laminated/protected parts.
2. Place any static-sensitive parts on anti-static bags, esp. the ram.
3. Don't work on fluffy carpet, or surfaces where you're likely to pick up lots of static. If you have wood or tiled floor, work standing on that.
4. If you leave your build for a while (drop some dumpage, drink, etc), repeat step 1

Even with an anti-static strap, it's a good idea to follow those rules. Of course, if you really have to, wearing the straps doesn't hurt. Tho it can get in your way. and suddenly un-clip and fly with ferocity into your eyeball. yeah...that's happened :)

Yea thats happened to me before so i was like SCREW IT i can just groundmyself by leaning on the edge of the case slightly as long as you have contact on that you should be fine.

although if they don't successfully remove an eyeball then they're quite useful

I don't recommend installing the cooler with the motherboard in the case. It can take quite a bit of force to install the cooler and because there is nothing supporting the area of the board behind the socket it is possible you could warp your motherboard.

When you do install it try using a screwdriver to push in the inner pins before pushing the caps down on top of them. O used that method last time I put my cooler back on and it seemed to be easier.

Thanks for the tips guys.
I think I'll still use the anti-static wrist strap just incase. I want want to ruin the parts i just got,, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom