Any step by step tutorials out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd screw it up because your finger oils would mess up the whole Contact between the CPU and the pins on the board

How do I know if my CPU comes with that type of fan or a different one?

Generally if its a box in the picture that means it ocmes with a stock intel fan which is push pin. and some aftermarket heatsinks are push pin. you can tell this by looking at them. The Tuniq 120 is NOT a push pin heatsink it uses a backing plate that you put on before you install the motherboard in the case.

Most people install the CPU and heatsink onto the motherboard prior to case installation. However, I find the Intel stock cooler easier to install if the motherboard is in the case due to the extra leverage the brass standoffs provide.

Ohh ok.

I have another question. I'm going to get anti-wrist straps, but I'm not totally sure what they mean by clip it to a grounded piece of metal. Is the grounded piece of metal the case?

Yea, just clip it to a metal part of the case and you'll be good to go.

Once you get it built, you'll realize it sounds A LOT harder to the laiman then what it really is.

Go to an everyday joe and say you built a computer, and at least half the time they will be amazed lol.

Hahaha yeah
The second you say it they'll be like "Wow!"

I can't wait to get my components and build it. I'm so psyched!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom