QUICKLY, NEED ANSWER NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using a cd drive and/or another hdd as well? Usually you do number 2 but that is if you are using another drive(any drive except floppy). If that is your only drive do nuber 1. The pins just pull out. Take your pointer finger's nail and and you thumb nail and clamp down on each side of the jumper. To put one in, sumply push it on. Be careful and if it seems like its not going in smoothly, don't force it, check and make sure it's actually going in.

You can pull out all of the jumpers and let the BIOS arrange everything for you! ;)

agex000 said:
You can pull out all of the jumpers and let the BIOS arrange everything for you! ;)

Good luck with that, that usually causes BSD's and other problems as well. I would suggest you keep your dvd rom and the HD on separate controllers. That would mean that you would do number 1 on both. HD=Primary Master DVD=Secondary Master. That way the performance on you HD doesnt suffer. As for pulling the pins out, try some needle nose pliers or tweezers. That should get the job done.

bobojuice said:
Good luck with that, that usually causes BSD's and other problems as well. I would suggest you keep your dvd rom and the HD on separate controllers. That would mean that you would do number 1 on both. HD=Primary Master DVD=Secondary Master. That way the performance on you HD doesnt suffer. As for pulling the pins out, try some needle nose pliers or tweezers. That should get the job done.

Heh... I have been doing it for over 15 years and have NEVER had any problems once so ever...

That's weird... It doesn't detect it at all? There has to be something u guys are not doing right. I have done it on like 10 different Intel's and AMDs all with different BIOS makes and builds. The reason I do that is because I am constantly switching peripherals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom