E8500 Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
bios-10.jpg

worked wonders

whoops.. i said 1.63.. hahaha take out the 1

ya i re corrected myself and said gtl.. but then just ended up posting a screenie instead, i edited that post like 3 times before you posted. haha

changing those from the .67 that they were made a huge difference in stability when i hit upwards towards 4.5ghz.. and i don't even know wtf they are

and i would like to add on p45 run incredibly cool! i had my chipset and fsb at +.5 and everything was still cool to the touch with just a 120mm fan blowing on it

and might i tell you... last night trying to get 5.0ghz was scaring the crap out of me.... i tried running 1.74v through my chip to get past windows loading screen.. my heart was tickin like a timebomb wondering if my chip was gonna blow... for 5.0 ghz i started at 1.62v and brought my way up to there to finally realize it was probably my ram not able to do around ddr1100.. lol

and on top of that.. no thermal paste was on the cpu :p

I'm using the Asus P5Q-Pro, everything is on auto apart from vcore, multi, fsb frequency and ram frequency. I've also tweaked a few other things. But I'm not sure what values other things should be as it doesn't tell me, it just says "Auto".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom