Leaked Screens Showing NVIDIA Multi-Monitor SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea sli is probably gonna get another huge bump in the scaling department, its allready outdoing cross fire, atleast nvidia is doign somethings right, alltho that maximus 2 formula is quite tempting right now.

Thing is that is the main reason some people will get the new drivers for, a lot of people I know will just go hey I can SLI an use more than one monitor kiss my backside crossfire come here Nvidia.

I might grab a 9 series card when it comes to my new system (ETA month or two) an SLI them with some nice 26in+ monitors, but if i get the performance increase that I am guessing the new drivers will give it's yet another reason to buy Nvidia.

Yeah every driver has kept adding performance increases. When the 8800GT was first launched, it was not as powerful as it is not. i can honestly say that they added a total of about 25% performance just in driver updates since November 07.

We have received a new set of Forceware 180.10 drivers dated 1st of October which could probably be the rumored "Big Bang II" drivers. According to the roadmap, it is slated for September release and provides support for OpenGL 3.0 and SLI Multi-monitor. We don't have much information on this set of drivers so far but we knew it can to support native SLI on X58 chipsets. We will test it out soon to see if there are new features and if there is any performance enhancement. Stay tuned.

there are its main features

the first big bang was the introduction of sli.. i don't see why this earns the title of big bang II

This is why:
NVIDIA's next "Big Bang" coming soon :: TweakTown

Quality Improvements
Performance Improvements
Multi-monitor SLI
Open GL 3.0
Full PhysX support (allowing a dedicated gpu for it + SLI)

Cant make out the rest, but there you go.

yea sli is probably gonna get another huge bump in the scaling department, its allready outdoing cross fire, atleast nvidia is doign somethings right, alltho that maximus 2 formula is quite tempting right now.

Yup SLI has gotten much better, even cards that never did scale that well are doing pretty good. I can imagine the scaling on the 9600GT's is near 100% by now.

That si true about the performance increase, nvidia drivers have always been good like that. New drivers from them are almost a guaranteed performance increase with each release especially for their new cards.

ya, i don't think i've ever successfully gotten linux to work with ati...

installed linux with my 6800gs, 8800gtx, and 7900gt with ease though!

Well i got ubuntu to work with a integrated ATi chip on a HP rig last year but it still didnt work 100% right compits seemed to act from time to time like a retarded baby with a chainsaw. Midd use it span the desktop every which way it could an i had 0 control over it, it made me wonder just what the **** is up with ATi they should start supporting linux more (as should every hardware manufacturer) but it's a REAL shame as I am seeing more an more ATi embeded systems.

Did it give you the xserv faild to start error? It gives me that when i try to install it on my main rig at the moment an I have intergrated nvida graphics but it's a werid set uo my mobo nativly has two video outputs, I have a Asus 8500gts in there at the moment an it's fine but when i pull it out an tru to get it running on the intergrated (I am trying this incase the card fails) it just brainfarts an restarts.

The only distros i can get running on there are either Redhat or Slax based it loves slax but hates debian which is the worng way round in my book.

any news on if this driver is gonan support the hybrid sli, where you can use one gpu as a dedicated phisx card?

Lol dude youre blind:

Yeah every driver has kept adding performance increases. When the 8800GT was first launched, it was not as powerful as it is not. i can honestly say that they added a total of about 25% performance just in driver updates since November 07.

This is why:
NVIDIA's next "Big Bang" coming soon :: TweakTown

Quality Improvements
Performance Improvements
Multi-monitor SLI
Open GL 3.0
Full PhysX support (allowing a dedicated gpu for it + SLI)

Cant make out the rest, but there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom