Greetings, Earthoids and Humanlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcat

Baseband Member
Hi all! Damn glad to be here. Just wanted to say hello and, actually, thanks for all your help right of the bat!

The reason I'm here is that I recently built a new machine for my 14-year-old son (got tired of the competition when he wanted to do his gaming thing). This is the third machine I've built and I learn something new everytime. At any rate, we've been having a problem with the machine intermittently shutting off for no apparent reason. I came here in search of clues and you folks, knowledgeable and experienced as you are, provided some answers, links, etc. Unbeknownst to you, as I was doing the lurking thing. Just FYI, the root problem was an under powered +12v rail in the power supply - new psu, problem solved.

Based on that very positive experience, here I am, and I thank you for your unwitting assistance.

Me? I'm an old fart (49), IT project manager for almost 25 years, have had a 10-year career in banking, 11 in telecom, and the last 6 or so in state government as a contractor. My people and organizational skills are better than my technical skills, but I like to learn and I'm not afraid to try things. I'm a musician (guitar, bass, a little keys) and do some rudimentary recording at home. Just getting into computer-based recording, another good reason to join y'all. My son and I both like RTS games and an FPS now and then. No on-line stuff yet, but he wants to start on Unreal Tournament after some practice.

'Nuff said, I think. I trust our on-line connections will be enjoyable and fruitful for all. Thanks.

Thank you for that wonderful introduction. You have quite a plethora experience and knowledge from all kinds of areas. We're all here to help and learn from each other...except MB ( Mr. know-it-all :rolleyes: ). So you play guitar?....that sounds interesting. My fave artist group is Adema and I love hearing the way the guitar is played in their songs. btw.........

welcome.gif

-oops wrong URL

hello StarCat and welcome to TF, im new here meself, but i already like it, im sure you will too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom