Power Supply???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check compatability...most likely it'll work...make sure it has the right connections...presuming your computer is from planet earth...!

I just bought a 600W power supply (up from that damn 350W) off eBay, for $22 (including shipping)...so that's where I suggest buying one...! That one you mentioned would work, if all you plan to power is the main board? ;-) Just bid on a bunch of the cheap auctions on eBay...it's truely amazing 10 days later when you get five or so notices that you won...then take it to school or 'wherever'...and sell the extras ;P Hehe...

-X

dude that psu is really something like 65 watts!

i think theres a formula for the maximum output possible . . . something like . . .

2/3 (3.3V x ___ Amps + 5V x _____ Amps) + 12v x ___ Amps

you couldn't even run a modern processor on that, let alone a full computer system . . .

just wondering . . . what kind of system are you gonna be powering?

yeah dude they are still called ATX. You want to make sure it has a 20-pin connector if you're running an AMD board and a 4pin P4 connector. P4 is not referring to intel though. and its not 4pins in a straight line, but two on two that make a square. But that may only be necessary for newer motherboards not sure what you got. But yeah you want ATLEAST 15a on the +12 rail and a hell of a lot more than 90w get 350 atleast

just go for a new psu. i got my 450W new for $20 at a swapmeet. the thing works great esp for as many fans, and lights and USB periphials that I have running on it.

I would definitely get another psu. You can get em for dirt cheap. Its not worth going through the trouble of using something that's 90w only to find out it doesnt work and having to go buy a new one...

Well...slight problem purchasing off of EBAY....I am only 15 there fore I do not have a method of paying and my parents will not pay for it..I have never seen a sawp meet that sells cpu stuff here or around my town...(yes I live in a small town no one has heard of but that is besides the point) Lol, now, if someone has one that they have or can buy then I can buy from them let me know!I pay cash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom