GFX for my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

invox

Solid State Member
Hi guys.

I will buy a new desktop computer soon and I need some advice from you. Any kind of info would be useful.
Current products that I will buy are these:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4 s.775 ~200$

Memory - DDR2 2x2GB XMS2-8500C5 Corsair (Dominator) ~190$

CPU - Intel Q9550 Core2 Quad 2,83/12M ~450$

PSU - PSU 780W Hiper HPU-4M780-PE ~120$

Ok those were the most important hw for to chose the gfx card.
Additional hw would be SeagateMaxtor 750GB, DVD RW / LS. SC reader, fan controller for rear, front, cpu, hdd fan(s).

So im going for the Nvidia i think. I see the new ATi gfx going too hot etc. And i just prefer the nvidia, whole life I've had NVidia so i dont want to change that. But if you think that the ATI would suit better, feel free to convince me.

Anyway the list of GFX i would think of is :

9800GTX+ SLI (Club3D) ~ 500$

Single GTX260 ~ 420$

Single GTX280 ~ 630$

So whats it going to be guys? Or something other in your mind?

NOTE that some of the prices maybe are lower/higher ~10$!

Sincerely Invox!

uhmmm gtx 260 is about $240 from newegg, the gtx 280 is about $450-500, and the gtx+ sli would only be about $400...so i think $10 is wrong lol...

PSU isn't needed, dominator is way over priced, you probably won't need that mobo...or that high end of a cpu

AMD GPU's don't get hot maybe just the HD 4850 with the crappy stock fan speed AMD sets, but that is an easy fix and it will still be super quiet... but right now they are good buys...

(nothing really wrong with either, but if you like nVidia better you could stick with them)

Like the above said, your motherboard supports crossfire, therefore 9800 GTX+ sli isn't even an option. If you are an nvidia fanboy, like I myself am, I'd go with the gtx 280 if you've got the cash to dish out for it. Though that is very overpriced, where are you ordering this from?

you could probably lower your costs on the PSU and RAM. i'd recommend a CF setup

2x Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100257L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

you'll have to mod the fan still (it'll run a little bit hot at stock fan speeds)... i'd also recommend the following

PSU - Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

and

RAM - Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

they're both top quality components, but are cheaper than the ones you've got lined up now

Yeh i was just about to say that, get the G.Skill, the timings are much, much better. If you go ATI with a HD4850, you can always buy another one soon, or not if you have the money. Anyway, Xfire scales better than SLI usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom