Official Intel Overclocking thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know... i was really surprised that that board would support it... i couldn't get it above about 460 or so until i loosened the timings alot, but now i've got them tightened nicely and am getting some pretty sweet memory performance

it is indeed a nice clock i might need to get 3.8 stable soon.

what model of CPU you using? if you can't get it stable, feel free to PM me and i'll see if i can help out

EDIT: oh... read the sig and there it is!! lol! you should be able to do that without too much of a problem on a 750i

what model of CPU you using? if you can't get it stable, feel free to PM me and i'll see if i can help out

EDIT: oh... read the sig and there it is!! lol! you should be able to do that without too much of a problem on a 750i

yo man i know im not a noob when it comes to over clocking, i held the record here before you did lol. i think my chip maxes otu @ around 3.737 for sure because i can run 3dmark 06 with it but i cant run intel burn. my temps go up into the 80s and teh system crashes, and ive put up to 1.488volts i dont wana go any higher then that with out any better cooling, gonna try and pick up 2 case fans today and strap them onto my tuniq.

most ironic is my temps are at an all time low today @ 33/34c idle.

i know you're no noob... i saw that record and figured ok, time to do some serious clocking! lol... but i think the problem is your RAM atm... if its what i think it is (Kingston ValueRAM), you're gonna need some seriously loose timings (im talking tRFC out to like 70) to get it to overclock well... wait till you get your crucials back and you should be able to push them past 900 with pretty good timings

EDIT: oh yeah... 80C!! omfg dude thats crazy!!!

EDIT2: that video is hilarious!!Kudos to you and zedman! roflmfao!

i know you're no noob... i saw that record and figured ok, time to do some serious clocking! lol... but i think the problem is your RAM atm... if its what i think it is (Kingston ValueRAM), you're gonna need some seriously loose timings (im talking tRFC out to like 70) to get it to overclock well... wait till you get your crucials back and you should be able to push them past 900 with pretty good timings

EDIT: oh yeah... 80C!! omfg dude thats crazy!!!

EDIT2: that video is hilarious!!Kudos to you and zedman! roflmfao!

i can unlink my memory with my mother board so my over clockign has nothign to do with it, there actually at 800 5-5-5-15, i could set them to auto default and try again you could be right.

i can unlink my memory with my mother board so my over clockign has nothign to do with it, there actually at 800 5-5-5-15, i could set them to auto default and try again you could be right.

WOW! i never knew you could do that (having never used an nForce chipset), but that would absolutely excellent for OCing... i'm not really sure how that would work (ie how the DRAM frequency would be determined) so, im sorry to say, i cant help you out too much on that front

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom