PC doesn't recognize USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Okay I will try it now.

My cd won't burn anything.Can I use another PC in my house to burn the windows xp cd? It has Vista though.

Yes as long as you are burning the contents of the XP CD ISO onto the disk it doesn't matter what OS you use to burn it on.

^ Okay I will try it now.

My cd won't burn anything.Can I use another PC in my house to burn the windows xp cd? It has Vista though.

Are you asking if you can use Vista to create the XP CD like the one thread that i linked to? Or as you asking if you can just burn a XP CD from the Vista machine?

^ Both, I'm asking if I can make a XP CD from a Vista machine and burn it on the same machine. Also, I'm sorry I took so long to reply(was having problems with internet provider).

Nop you cant make a XP CD from a Vista machine. The files are not the same. You could burn a XP ISO from a Vista machine with no problem. But you can not create a XP CD from a Vista install.

Have to find one on Torrents or something. There is no other download available unless you have MSDN or TechNET.

I found the ISO on the web, downloaded & burned on friends computer, and I put it in my pc and everything worked fine. I selected upgrade, because I couldn't find my exact software. And it all went fine, until I saw the PC say "cannot copy cmprops.dl_" Then I hit retry but it didn't work, so I clicked canceled.

But the install then said "cannot copy licwmi.dl_" and so on. Then the installation finished, despite the errors, but now the letters are so big it looks like my pc is in safe mode and pc still won't recognize my usb devices.

Help! I burned the ISO with poweriso and I did do it at maximum speed. Also, all the file that the computer claims it "cannot copy" is all on the dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom