best brand of 6800GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright, thanks for all the replies guys. right now im leaning toward eVGA, just curious, is it worth over-clocking them? and if so, to how much?

I wouldn't. At least, not right now. The geforce6800gt is plenty powerful for the latest games as-is. The 6800 cards can also run a bit hot at standard, so overclocking them is a gamble (factory heatsinks usually max out at the normal temp of the card).

Once we see how HL2 is going to (globally) tax your system, and any future games, then you might want to think about OCing that sucker. I'd definately think about a new heatsink and fan for it, though, when you do. (Watercooling is great for OC'ed g-cards, too, but that's expensive!)

You'll be happy with the card as-is. If your system is up to spec with the card, you'll be fine. Overclocking the card on a slow system is not going to give you a performance boost anyway.

you could get the BFG series 6800's they come overclocked right out of the box. But another guy on another thread was saying he was seeing artifacts and couldn't figure it out so maybe theres was clocked too high and he didn't have enough cooling to battle the temps. Like shoobie said though, that thing is already so powerful and blazing, I wouldn't even touch it. You really want to take the chance on frying that much money? It'll still outperform anything. If you REALLY want overclocking maybe go with VFG 6800OC other than that I'd suggest eVGA

EVGA makes some awesome cards.

I got my 6800 thru them only lil prob and i dont know if this has ever happend to anyone b4.

They have a lil EVGA sticker in the middle of the fan, ya well after leaving that puppy runnin for a few hours...the sticker slid off or something got stuck in the fan and fried itself...luckly it was the first day so i just returned it to the tigerdirect outlet store. I made sure to take the sticker off the second card i got

but no probs ever since and i got this bad boy running doom on ultra high with FPS average in the 30's

If ur gonna get a 256 verison of the 6800 go with the GT...only needs 1 power cord and it doesnt take up the PCI cause of that monster heat sink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom