QUICKLY, NEED ANSWER NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
Ok I'm in the midst of putting my comp together, and I'm at the Ram installation. The manuals say to firmly push down on them until the clip thingys snap back into place. I push down, but I notice that the mobo is sorta bending...is this suppose to happen, I mean the mobo won't snap in half or anything right??? If you know, PLZ TELL ME!!!!

That should be fine, your motherboard will flex a little bit, it will take up to 20lbs of pressure to get the modules installed. Try to push down one side at a time to get the white clips up. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT HELP THE WHITE CLIPS UP!! If you help the white clips up the module is not seated all the way and could damage your motherboard.

Hope this helps.

WARNING!!! 20-POUNDS OF PRESSURE IS A LOT LESS THAN IT FEELS!!!

If you're having difficulty seating RAM sticks, take the mobo out. Get a (dry, clean) towel and fold it up neat and flat on a table, put the mobo on it, and then install the chips. The towel will provide enough back pressure to keep the board from cracking.

Also, make sure you check your chips and the sockets you're working with. Not all chips fit in all sockets. Be mindful of the notch and orientation. Make sure you touch only the edges, and apply light, even pressure. Sometimes, it just takes a long time for a new RAM slot to "spread" enough to let the RAM in. Above all, don't throw your weight into it and don't "shimmie" the RAM in.

CrucialLabs, when you say "get the white clips up", are u talkin about how the white clips'll snap into position?

With sufficient pressure the ram sticks will pop into place making the white clips go into place, he's just saying dont force the damn things down. Although, i have done this many times without any problems....

regulus !!!!

after giving it a slight preasure the white clip will automatically clip up...be carefull dont try to put the clip manually.....it can cause u more prob .....

*** Make sure that you push the module in straight (both sides at same time) - as over time you will damage the module's pins. ***

Ok, got 'em in...whooooooo was I nervous. Anyways, I have another question, hard drive question.

: = back pins I= jumper

1. ::::: slave or master
2. ::I:: Master w/slave present
3. :::I: Slave
4. ::::I Cable select setting (How it was when it came and now)

Which do I do?????? And how do I move/take out jumpers??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom