Can I Delete AGP440.SYS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalninjas

Baseband Member
Just like the title says, can I delete it? Thats whats causing my system to hang on the XP boot, so I was wondering if I took out my graphics card again and plugged the monitor into the onboard one, then deleted AGP440.SYS, would I be able to get back into Windows? :Z Thanks.

I wouldnt risk it. I once deleted what turned out to be a very important dll file. It took me about 2 hours to get back into windows. I had to download about 60 dll files and manually place them back in the windows system32 directory from the C:/> Prompt.

Beh :( Well my system has been hanging on boot at AGP440.SYS and I'm currently in ultra crappy Knoppix trying to find a solution. I dont have my Windows XP Pro CD with me because I left it down in SLO, so I'll have to order another one when I order parts for a new computer (Sunday), and I was suppose to have an E-Commerce store up by today |: This problem happened right after I installed SP2 and I gutted my system down to the bare minimum, but still, no luck.

I noticed you been having this prob. for a little while. I would just suggest googling the shit out of it, and trying to come up with something. It's probably just something to do with SP2. Who knows....

Here's something I found on the net, seems like bs, but you still might wanna try this:

THE AGP440.sys problem HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR SOFTWARE SETTINGS!!.
To solve this problem, go into your BIOS then change your OS to "plug n Play".

Probably won't help, but give it a shot nonetheless.

I searched Google for hours already and I guess I need my brother to snail mail my CD's back up since I left them at his house. :mad: Damn you SP2, damn you... :beard:

digitalninjas said:
Just like the title says, can I delete it? Thats whats causing my system to hang on the XP boot, so I was wondering if I took out my graphics card again and plugged the monitor into the onboard one, then deleted AGP440.SYS, would I be able to get back into Windows? :Z Thanks.

If you can get in safemode, couldn' you uninstall sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom