high core temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn the voltage down, I got mine (e7300 basically the same thing) at 3.0GHz 1.088-1.1

check to see if your heatsink is on tight, i have the xigmatek rifle 120mm and i get idle temps of 25C-28C, and under load it gets to about 38C.

u need to get prime 95 and stress test it, it will put ur cpu at 100% then tell us how hot it is, also to get the correct voltage u need to stress test it, if it can get 10 hours on prime w/out any errors then u know its stable at that voltage, then try lowing ur voltage if its stable and stress agin or if its unstable and gets errors raise ur corevoltage and stress agin till u get it stable.

coretemp reads 45nm temps high, unless they have released a newer version.
realtemp reads the wolfdale/yorkfield temps correctly. you are probably 10* under what coretemp says.

or just edit the core temp config file and change the T.J. max offset to -10? i think it is...google the T.J max for ur chip and input an offset that changes 105 to the desired T.J...thats what i did and works a charm, reports correct temps, im pretty sure, real temp shows the same temps.

Edit:: you can change the offset in the options of version 0.99.1. dunno about later versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom