PC doesn't recognize USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very odd problem and it sounds like it could be the physical hardware instead of a Windows/driver problem. The next steps would require a fairly good knowledge of computers. First you could try a reformat.

If nothing of the above worked...could always try doing a repair install, or like cvb suggested, a full-on format.

^reformat? Does that mean I have to erase everything on my hard drive?

If nothing of the above worked...could always try doing a repair install, or like cvb suggested, a full-on format.

I gotta a lot of stuff on my hdd so how do I do a repair install?

^ I have one, but can I just do a repair install with the disc without deleting/erasing anything?

I would recommend backing important files up anyway, just to be safe. I have seen repair installs go wrong...in which case you'd need to put the drive in an external enclosure via USB onto another computer, slave it internally, or use a Linux LiveCD to retrieve your data.

^ Okay so let me get this straight this will fix my problem and I keep all my files?

I would recommend backing important files up anyway, just to be safe. I have seen repair installs go wrong...in which case you'd need to put the drive in an external enclosure via USB onto another computer, slave it internally, or use a Linux LiveCD to retrieve your data.

Slave it internally? What's that and how do I do it? Linux live? Which one would you reccomend out of the two? Since I don't own an external hdd or another computer.

No what carnage is saying is that if you lose your data you can do those to retrieve it. You can do a normal backup of data on a second hard drive if you wish. Obviously data backup through USB is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom