PC doesn't recognize USB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

b33kewl

Baseband Member
my PC kept saying "USB not recongnized" anyway, I ignored it because my usb stuff worked fine. Until this morning, that's when none of my usb devices worked on my PC. I tried almost everything. Disabling my USB hosts in the control panel, restored my PC to when it was healthy. But nothing seems to work, I need help. I tried plugging my psp, usb thumb dive and even my iPhone, yet none of the will sync with my PC because my PC won't recognize an USB device for some reason. Honestly, all of this started one day when my brother needed help with his GPS he called Garmin n they sent him a USB cable; once I plugged it in and it was fix I left the cable in my pc and that's when all this started. Could that be an issue? Oh and I'm using Win xp. I tried everything I could think of safe mode,dsk chk and plugging everthing out. I need help.

And here's my usb info.

IRQ 0 System timer OK
IRQ 1 Logitech PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 4 Communications Port (COM1) OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 10 NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management OK
IRQ 12 Logitech-compatible Mouse PS/2 OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 OK
IRQ 16 VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 18 Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II (26xxx) OK
IRQ 19 PCI Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP OK
IRQ 20 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK
IRQ 20 Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio OK
IRQ 21 Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller OK
IRQ 21 Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller OK
IRQ 21 NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator OK

Try going into device manager and uninstalling all USB ports and hubs. Restart your computer and the USB ports will install themselves automatically when Windows boots.

^Okay....

it didn't work.. my computer still can't recognize my devices it will charge them, but it won't recognize any of them.

^I'll try it now.

Nothing still isn't working. Could I of installed the wrong thing?

No I only gave you one file to download :). Make sure you restart your computer after the install. Are you plugging the devices directly into the motherboard at the back or through the front or a USB hub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom