New HDD, Driver issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I just installed my new Seagate 500gb barracuda. This is my first SATA HDD. So, I installed windows normally, installed chipset drivers from CD then updated online, then got my 8800gt drivers. I restart my pc, blue screen non stop when I restart. Second time around I only install my linksys driver, run all the windows updates, NO chipset drivers. No blue screen yet. Im downloading the latest EVGA driver for my vid card right now. Was I having a hardware failure or was it just driver issues? Thanks guys... ill let u know how it goes when this vid card driver gets installed. The video card drivers are the 178.13 EVGA drivers.

It could have just been you tried to isntall to much without restarting.

hmm that sounds like a possibility lol. Im going to get the latest drivers from the asus website right now. Thanks Mak.
*UPDATE* New drivers worked great. Thanks for the help mak!

No problem. Glad it was as simple as that. Sometimes with Windows if to many updates are done to fast the system cant store all teh data for the restart. Best way to do it is install the Widnows updates first. Then go with drivers. I usually go with a couple at a time and then restart. Doign to many which can make drastic changes to the system like SATA Drivers and chipset drivers can cause this.

Enough talking though. Glad it is sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom